- McGarrigle, C. Forget the flâneur in Cleland, K., Fisher, L. & Harley, R. (2013) Proceedings of the 19th International Symposium on Electronic Art, ISEA2013, Sydney.
Available from the University of Sydney
- Presentation slides from my Media Art Histories 2013 paper Locative Histories: exploring the continued influence of early Locative Media art
presented as part of the Techno Ecologies panel. Are now available on slideshare here.
I talk to my notes
but the full paper will be available in the proceedings early 2014.
- McGarrigle, C. (2013) Augmented Resistance: The Possibilities for AR and Data Driven Art, Leonardo Electronic Almanac, Not Here Not There, Vol 19 Issue 1.
The issue is available online here with direct link to the article as a PDF download here.
- McGarrigle, C. (2012) The Construction of Locative Situations: the Production of Agency in Locative Media Art Practice. Doctoral Thesis. Dublin, Dublin Institute of Technology.
Full text available under Creative Commons license from DIT's Arrow repository part of the Arts and Humanities Commons.
- McGarrigle, C. (2011) "JoyceWalks" in ed. Burroughs, Xtine Net Works : case studies in web art and design, Routledge.
- McGarrigle, C. (2011) How Locative Media art set the agenda for mobile location aware apps (and why this still matters). Proceedings of ISEA 2011 Istanbul.
Available online here.
- McGarrigle, C (2010) "The Construction of Locative Situations", Digital Creativity, Vol 21 Issue 1.
- McGarrigle, C. (2009) "The Construction of locative Situations: Locative Media and the Situationist International, recuperation or redux".
Proceedings of the Digital Art and Culture Conference 2009, after media embodiment and context. University of California Irvine.
Download from the University of California eScholarship
- McGarrigle, C. (2009) "JoyceWalks" Vague Terrain 13:citySCENE
- McGarrigle, C (2009) "JoyceWalks: remapping culture as tactical space" paper presented at ISEA 2009, Belfast